Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Me, Rogerio, & Ronaldo (Part II)


Here is Part II ...

We decided to stay in touch and continued to send SMS messages and talked over MSN. He liked me from what I could tell and I actually liked Rogerio. I wasn't sure if I would actually end up "dating" him though. He wasn't exactly my type, but he did make me laugh. Did we flirt? Sure, to me it was harmless or so I thought at the time.

However, when we talked I was always reminded of his connection with Ronaldo. Some of the time Rogerio would be at Ronaldo's house when we were chatting. He would have to get off when Cristiano would get home, most of the time to finish cooking for him. But, if I mentioned something about Ronaldo that made me mad or upset, the married woman incident for example, I was made to feel like a 5-year old child that had to listen to everything Rogerio said. Be seen and not heard I guess. FYI, Rogerio is 36-years old and up until a few weeks ago lived in that very small apartment. After he quit La Vina (aka Stay) he pretty much moved into Ronaldo's house. He also gets free vacations and shoes that are more than my car payment (Ronaldo is his meal ticket plain and simple).

Now, I don't think of myself as an idiot mostly because I believe I am not. Do I act like an idiot at times ... sure, everybody does. I actually have a Bachelor's Degree in History and I am halfway done with my Master's Degree in European History, plus I need 2 more credits for my Associate's Degree in Information Management. I speak German, not that great, but I can speak it. I also know some Portuguese and Italian. So what do I have in common with a waiter and the World's Best Football? Pretty much nothing, but the love of the game.

TBC ...

No comments: