Friday, February 27, 2009

Fitness Boast for Barton?


Again it`s an injury booster of a day, with both Habib Beye and Joey Barton making positive noises about returning by early April. With Michael Owen already looking like coming back for the Hull game and the niggles clearing up in light of no cup commitments it paints a positive picture for the final run in.

On his injury, Beye said: 'We have talked about Chelsea on April 4th. But I would like to think I could be back in the team for the Arsenal game. I was determined to play again this season. On Boxing Day, they thought four months, now I am one month ahead. If I am back by the end of March there will be six or seven games to play. That wouldn't be bad.'

Meanwhile, speaking about Joey Barton, Coach Chris said: "There is no chance of Joey being back in early March. He`s still probably four weeks away. He`s still wearing the surgical boot, he`s not allowed too much movement.

I feel for Joey because it`s one of the most frustrating injuries. There isn`t so much you can do. He can work upper body but once he gets the boot off, he can do some more work. I think it`s the type of injury that tends to be a set time."

No comments: